Friday, January 22, 2010

Organizing My Thoughts

I am resolved to organize my blog posts by theme, as that would give me some definite direction, and hopefully would keep me from randomly rambling about nothing just because I have a goal to write every day.

So I'm doing some brainstorming right now about different themes:

Microfiction - definitely one day dedicated to that, just gotta pick a good day (and I'm going to try not to blatantly copy someone else's themes, so if I do, it's purely by accident)

Links - I don't do poetry, but I absolutely love to read it and C.R. Ward at Random Thoughts does this great weekly poetry thing where she explores a new style and then writes an example of it... LOVE it! I follow several blogs that regularly grace me with inspiration, and I could do a day dedicated to one or more inspiring links, or I could do a link-a-day kind of thing.

Sunday Snippet - It's hard for me to do anything on Sundays, and frankly I try not to, it's the one day I can dedicate wholly to God, and I don't like to cut in to that. But I can share a quick snippet from the Spirit, and that helps make it part of my worship.

Random blarg - I will have to have a day where I just regurg whatever is trapped up in ye old brainoceros... could be intermitent and disruptive, could be held in check for a scheduled day, I don't know, maybe both.

Education - I fall into the 'some college' category, and while I have limitless potential for intellegence, I can always be more educated. I might pick a day where I explore some new literary topic, do the research and post the results, expanding the collective knowledge or, more likely, just mine. I love learning new things, and it would be cool to remember some old ones too.

Rant like a crazy woman day - oops, no... don't know where that one came from... probly it's just today....

In Today's News - I don't know, just popped into my head, but nothing is on accident, so we may have to have a look-see.

So far, I've got 5-ish out of 7 days. What else can I do? I'm probably going to have to look around at other blogs and glean some ideas without getting too copy-cat-esque. But, hey, there's nothing new under the sun, right?

I think that was very productive brainstorming. I have somewhere to start, and something to toy with. Maybe I can throw together a tentative schedule for tomorrow's post?

We shall see what we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment