Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Microfiction

Wow. So, I just became a huge fan of Microfiction, when I read a piece by Emily Cross. I was inspired to give it a shot. I think it would be a great starting point to get past my phobia. Perhaps I will do one microfiction piece a week, and post it as part of my organizational plan for this blog. I am closer to meeting that goal, and I could use any boost of confidence I can get right now.

I am closer to getting my permanent position at work, I feel extremely confident in that world. But the real world contains a great deal of stress, and if I could just get my creative life flowing, I know the stress would dissipate.

I'm reading some very inspiring stuff in the writer blogs I follow. I know, somehow, I am going to get these stories on the paper.

We will start with Microfiction.... I know I can do that, for pete's sake, I just wrote 175 words in this blog post alone! Well done!

3 comments:

  1. Hi CE, thanks for the mention (and the link!). I think MF is good to get the juices going cause often (i found with myself) that it writing seemed such a 'huge task' - i never got round to it.

    BTW absolutely love that quote (which i will now learn off and use whenever i get given out to over my cluttered office/room

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Emily, thanks for the support! My first thought, though, was "Holy crap, I have a follower! I am going to have to step it up around here!"

    So, again thanks, this time for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No problem, i know how hard it is to 'put yourself' out there :)

    ReplyDelete