Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Ooooooohhhhhh.... An Idea!!

So, I had another story idea. This one is for a fantasy story, and I might actually write it down! No, really, I might.... unlike the science fiction story idea that I haven't written down because I can't reconcile it in my mind.

This is my problem. I can't get the words on paper. I get an idea, and mull it around, it starts to take shape, and then there's always some kind of roadblock that causes me to abandon the idea before I even write it down. I start to open my word program, and I open spider solitaire instead.

It's getting serious. I'm feeling extremely oppressed, and I stopped even looking at my Artist's Way books after the first morning of pages. I don't know what to do. It's like I'm afraid to write.

So not only am I stressed, but I feel stupid. Afraid to write? What kind of weird, irrational phobia is that? Obviously, I'm writing my blog, is there a separate phobia for fiction?

Some research needs to be done here, because I really feel like there's a great story inside my head just waiting to get out.

No comments:

Post a Comment