Saturday, January 23, 2010

Another Goal Met!

Starting tomorrow, this blog is officially organized! Woo hoo! I now have a set of themes that I will be adhering to so I can stick with the writerly theme, and not just randomly spill whatnot on the page. And it will also help me to improve my writing and head in a forward direction.

So here it is:

Sunday
Sunday Snippet (so sayeth the Spirit)
I will share a brief verse, and may or may not comment on it. Sunday is my one day of total communion with God, so while I will still take a moment to write, it won't break my worship.

Monday
In Today's News (inspiration can come from anywhere)
I will share a news item from one of many sources and editorialize it in some fashion.

Tuesday
infinitesimal fiction (it's like fiction, only smaller)
I will post my attempts at microfiction. yeah. actual writing.

Wednesday
Sharing The Wealth (so many resources, so little time)
I will post a link to another author's page, or editor, or agent, or writing resource site, whomever has inspired me to share, and give a brief description of what you're about to read, and why.

Thursday
Let's Go To The Map ('cause you can never know too much)
I will choose some literary term, or genre, or writing style, anything that is researchable and fact driven, as opposed to my limited knowledge or opinion, and explore it. There may be examples, or I may call for comments suggesting the next topic. It's fun to learn new things, and remember old ones.

Friday
Come, Let Us Write Together (collectively inspired by three random items)
I will post three random items. For example, pillow, sand, anvil. I will either write the words, or post three photos of random items, and then write anything that comes to mind using those three items. The call will be for others to write anything as well, and post a link to their musing in the comments section.

Saturday
Random Blarg (because it's coming out, one way or another)
This will be my weekly opportuntity to clean out the ol' brain pockets. I'll basically be journaling on Saturdays, and maybe I'll write about writing, and maybe I won't, depending on what's been churning around up there, waiting to get out. I figure that Saturday may be a great time to read other blogs, but it's also a great time to get your writing done, so if you're busy creating, you won't be missing anything major over here. Except my terribly witty repartee....

So, there we have it. Goal #4 from my New Year's Post is checked. Albeit, two weeks late. Some things really are better late than never, though, and I am throwing myself a party in my mind!!

And also, look how much I wrote!! YAY!

2 comments:

  1. wow. fair deuce, talk about organised! Looks really interesting, can't wait to see your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I hope it will be interesting; your inspiration really helped me get moving, I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete